Monday, April 25, 2011

Say what?

The Desperation Band promised a night of worship & deliver, they did. It was awesome, powerful & the best thing? God's presence permeated the atmosphere! We'll let these testimonies speak for themselves...

"I never liked Worship Concerts...those 2 words seem oxymoronic. But I had a great time soaking in the presence of God with the Desperation Band. The encounter with my Father's love was evident."
- Cynthia Eng -

"Awesome time of worship with Desperation band."
- Bob Nathaniel -

"‎[Desperation Band] Joy unspeakable that won't go away, and just enough strength to live for today...So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on SOLID ROCK, I AM COUNTING ON GOD!"
- Jean Tan -

"I went to the Desperation Band worship concert essentially with an open mind, not knowing what to expect - there wasn't even an expectancy in God - just thought it would be cool to check out the band dynamics and enjoy an evening of good music. But when they came on stage, it changed my mind, especially what lead singer Jon Egan said had an impact on me...I remember him saying something like: "We are not good performers, in fact we are not good at all, we only know how to worship God." Those words were enough to tell me that this band has a heart for our Father and have dedicated their talents, abilities, time, effort to one thing: worshipping the Almighty God. The humility in those words prepared me for a great night of worship, opening my heart to our Father and letting Him work in me.

The band was tight, there was really no room for errors, but seeing as to how they dedicate much of their time practising together, there's no doubt about their musicianship. I was so caught up in the worship, the focus on our Lord. At one point, I was just observing them and I could see on their faces... the joy they have in serving the Lord. This thought came to my mind, it wasn't the "Hey, look at me and how great I look!" but rather "Hey, look at my God and how awesome He is!"

What really touched me was when Jon said the band was going to say a prayer over us... that too was so powerful and I believe it moved the crowd deeply.

There's nothing more one can expect from a great worship band - humility and the joy in serving, keeping God at the centre of it all. "
Gayle Quah -

No comments: